Supporting Older Teens: Access to Systems and Services
• The challenges faced by older teens experiencing trauma at home;
• Available teen support options;
• An overview of the dependency court system, and why older teens may face difficulties in availing themselves of the supports and services of the child welfare system; and
• AB 748 (Chapter 682, Statutes of 2019), which addresses administrative hurdles older teens face when seeking child welfare system supports shortly before their 18th birthday;
• Practice tips for youth and their advocates to ensure that systems are responsive to the needs of youth approaching adulthood.