Our mission is to protect the rights of children in poverty and those overcoming abuse and neglect by delivering free legal services, supportive programs, and systemic solutions.
We envision a world in which all young people have safe, stable homes, with the support they need to heal and thrive.
The Alliance serves 35% of all children helped by legal aid organizations in California.
Since 1992, our work has opened the doors of justice for more than 150,000 children, teens, and families.
Our efforts are focused in three main areas:
Our staff and extensive network of pro bono attorneys advocate directly for children to:
- Expedite adoptions out of foster care
- Secure medical coverage and therapies for children
- Support children recovering from trauma and those with disabilities
- Provide direct advocacy for children in their schools so that they can access the education that they need
- Support caregivers and guardians to ensure they receive the benefits they need to provide for the children in their care
- Assist transition age youth in foster care as they grow into adulthood and independence
- Support expectant and parenting parents in foster care
We have to change policy if we want to change the world for children.
We believe that abuse of children’s rights anywhere should be the concern of people everywhere.