The Alliance for Children’s Rights welcomes volunteers with excellent interpersonal skills to support with answering incoming calls from families, caregivers, and youth seeking assistance.
Volunteers interact with potential clients and collaborate with Alliance staff while learning about the Los Angeles County dependency system.
Opportunities to volunteer are available September-December, January-May, and/or (limited availability) May-July.
Extensive training and continual support is provided for approved volunteers, with course credit available.
How Volunteers Help
- Answer phone calls and gather basic information
- Work with an Alliance attorney to assess the caller’s legal needs
- Verify information
- Refer callers to appropriate resources
- All positions are unpaid and occur during normal business hours (9:00a to 5:30p M-F)
- All opportunities require an 80 hour commitment with a minimum of 8 hours per week in 4+ hour blocks