We provide the results of our extensive statewide survey, review best practices, analyze data demonstrating California’s status of implementing ESSA transportation plans and other related school stability laws, and provide local and state level recommendations to increase the ability of youth in foster care to stay in their school of origin.
Topics covered include:
- ESSA School Stability Transportation Plans
- Taking School Stability Into Account in Placement Decisions
- Written Procedures for Providing Notice for Placement Changes
- Education Rights Holders (ERH)
- Best Interest Determination (BID) Procedures and Participants